When will I receive my rent proceeds?

Real Property SA will remit all available rental funds, less any disbursements paid or due, on the last business day of each month. Payments usually take 1-2 business days to appear in your account, subject to your financial institution.

When can I increase my tenants' rent?

If your tenant is on a fixed term lease, then the rent can be reviewed every 6 months by giving the tenant 60 days' notice, provided that there is a provision in the tenancy agreement which stipulates the amount of the increase or the method for calculating the increase. However, please note that the rent cannot be increased within the first 30 days of a new tenancy agreement commencing.

If your tenant is on a periodic lease, then the rent can be reviewed at 6-monthly intervals by providing at least 60 days' notice to the tenants.

Please be aware that if your property is rented under the National Rental Affordability Scheme, rent increases are governed by the NRAS Regulations 2008 (Cth). Please contact your Property Manager for further information.

How do I change my bank account details?

Any changes to your bank account details must be in writing and signed by all lessors of the property. Please complete and return the below authorisation to your Property Manager.

What is your rent arrears policy?

Rental payments are checked daily during business hours. Real Property WA practices a zero tolerance rent arrears policy. Tenants will be issued notices in accordance with the Western Australian Residential Tenancies Act 1987.

Is any insurance required?

Yes. An investment property needs to be appropriately protected. Insurance can give you peace of mind and confidence that your property will be looked after should something go wrong. As an investor you are required to have adequate cover for building against all perils, minimum contents cover for carpets, light fittings, etc., public liability and workers' compensation cover. You may also choose to take out landlord's protection cover.

What is a landlord's protection policy?

It is an insurance policy that provides cover for loss or damage to your investment property with inclusions such as loss of rent cover following an insured event and cover for most types of flood and water damage as standard.

Can I inspect my property?

Yes, this can be arranged by your Property Manager upon request.

How often do you inspect my property?

A lessor/agent is restricted to 4 inspections per year in accordance with the Residential Tenancies Act 1987. The first inspection can be carried out 6 weeks after the tenancy commences and every 3 months thereafter, ensuring the number of inspections does not exceed 4 per year.

Can I use my preferred tradespeople?

Yes, you can, provided that your tradesperson is qualified and licensed to carry out the required works.

What happens if my tenant breaks their lease?

The tenant will be responsible for payment of rent and the upkeep of the property until a new suitable tenant is found and the property is re-let.

Can I sell my property while it is tenanted?

Yes. it is best practice to notify your tenant in writing that the property has been listed for sale and to provide details of the selling agent so that they may coordinate any inspections where reasonable notice has been given under the Residential Tenancies Act 1987.

If your tenant is on a fixed term tenancy agreement, then the terms of the agreement must be honoured by any purchaser.

Please note that under a periodic tenancy, the property may be sold with a condition of vacant possession, provided that you have given the tenant 30 days’ notice to vacate.

If your property is an NRAS Approved Property, then the procedure will depend on whether you are selling the property with or without the NRAS. Please contact AAHS if you are thinking of selling your NRAS Approved Property.


Complete and submit the form below and we will answer it for you.

    [anr_nocaptcha g-recaptcha-response]